How To| Make Lip Scrub

August 20, 2014


I want to give a huge shoutout and credit to The Perks Of Meg, I saw her post on "DIY Lip Scrub" and I thought I'd try out the recipe she gave tweaking it a little, as well as another one that I have.

Lip Scrubs are really important to exfoliate and cleanse your lips, it makes them smoother, removes dead skin. And you should use a lip scrub just before putting on lip stick, as it makes the colour last longer!

So, here it is.

Honey Lip Scrub

Ingredients:
Honey
Caster Sugar
Olive Oil

Method:

  1. Fill the pot you wish to keep the lip scrub in half full of caster sugar, and pour this into a small bowl.
  2. Add a spoon full of honey to the bowl.
  3. Add a spoon full of Olive oil. 
  4. Mix these all together, to get a mixture that is one sticky lump (sounds lovely) and transfer into pot. 

I really like this one, the honey makes it taste and smell really nice, and I feel it working straight away. The only thing about this one is that it doesn't make a large quantity, so I had to switch from my original pot into a smaller one, but if you are wanting to fill a bigger pot than pictured I would suggest doubling the quantities.  


Sugar Lip Scrub

Ingredients:
Vaseline
Lemonade
Caster Sugar

Method:

  1.  Scoop a teaspoon full of vaseline into a bowl. 
  2. Fill the container you wish to store the lip scrub in half full with sugar, and add this to the bowl.
  3. Mix it together, I found it best using a spoon and basically press down on the vaseline to make it soft. 
  4. Add a spoon full of lemonade. 
  5. Spoon the mixture into the pot or pots you wish to keep it in. 

This works really well, I found my lips felt a lot smoother with just one application- and it tastes really yummy!


Enjoy making and trying out these lip scrubs!

Love,
Emily
xxx

Bloglovin | Most Recent Post | Twitter

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm definitely going to have to try the sugar lip scrub,it sounds and looks really good :)

    charlotte xx
    http://beauti-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, definitely worth it! I made these last week and have been using them everyday and my lips feel great!
      Emily
      Xx

      Delete