Foodie Friday

November 13, 2015

This week is the start of a new post - every Friday I'm going to be posting a food related post. Whether it be a 'What I Ate', a restaurant review or a new recipe - you'll be getting some food on you screen every Friday.

So this week, I thought I'd keep things basic with a classic 'What I Ate Post'. This is typically what I eat most days, of course my dinners vary, but I usually stick to some quick and easy meals that suit my student budget.

Breakfast

I like to have a healthy breakfast that will keep me going throughout the morning, and save me from snacking. I've started to really love having porridge, its quick and is warm for these cold mornings. To add a little bit of flavour, I sprinkle some cinnamon over it - just to give it a Christmassy taste!





Lunch 

As one of my attempts to get healthy, I've been filling my whole seed wrap with a bit of mayo, some spinach, ham, peppers and tomatoes. Full of flavour and goodness. I follow up my sandwich with tangerine.



Dinner

For my dinner, I was a little bit more adventurous. I oven cooked a chicken breast in garlic butter, and 5 minutes before it was done, I sprinkled bread crumbs over it.  Alongside it, I made a cous cous, some carrots, peppers and cooked spinach and had a blob of green pesto too. I must say that this has been one of my better meals I've made while at uni!



Of course, like anyone else I do snack  - and as my grandma sent me back to Edinburgh with a tub of roses chocolates, I did have a few of those while watching a film that night.

Have a look at my other recipes I've posted on my blog too!

Lentil Soup Recipe
Banana Bread Recipe
Pasta Bake Recipe
Seafood Risotto Recipe
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Chocolate Cake Recipe

Love,
Emily
xxx

Bloglovin | GFC | Twitter | Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments