The Autumn Tag 2016

October 24, 2016

You may have seen quite the change from my little corner of the internet over the last couple of weeks... It's been busy, but I've been determined to set aside some time to make some improvements here and there. After all, I've been reading so many blog posts from others saying how important it is to invest some time into your blog and so here I am.

Firstly Under The Scottish Rain has gone through a little transformation - I've updated my header and template, and have settled on something that I think makes it look a little bit more professional. It took me a day to figure everything out, but I'm hoping it's worth it. Its so important to have a sleek looking page that's easy to navigate, and I think that I've achieved just that.
I have also come up with a schedule to posting. I'm wanting to get into a very regular posting schedule - and I'm not talking about once a week.. no, no... I'm planning on posting a massive four times  a week. Oh yes. Seems a bit ambitious right? But regular posting- as I've come to learn - is key. So I've decided to set specific days for what to post. Drum roll please.. the new schedule is...

  • Mondays ---- Lifestyle posts
  • Wednesdays ---- What I Wore Wednesdays
  • Fridays ---- Foodie Fridays
  • Sundays ---- Book corner (Book reviews & recommendations)
It's a little bit heavy going, or at least so it seems written down like this. So many other bloggers are able to post every day without fail though, so why can't I? I guess organisation is how to do it. With fourth year hitting hard, and work pilling up as deadlines approach faster and faster, I'm needing to put some time into something other than university, for the sake of my own sanity. So why not try and make my blog better, and hopefully expand while I'm at it. I'm excited to start posting regularly, and hope you are too! Remember you can follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Bloglovin and be the first to know when a blog post is up!

So as not to make this blog post all on the admin side of things, I also thought I'd complete the Autumn Tag. I haven't done this tag in a couple of years, so I thought I'd see what answers have changed. Be sure to answer the questions too and link me to your blog posts!



What signifies the start of autumn for you?
I always think autumn starts as soon as I have to put on a coat that's thicker than my usual light weight spring / summer ones. The first chilly morning, when you can see your breathe in the air and start to have goose bumps really makes me think the seasons have changed and autumn is here. 

What is your favourite autumn scent?
I don't have a huge amount of 'autumn scented' candles, instead I have generic fresh smells or Christmas smelling candles. But I suppose spices are what really make me think autumn. Its warm and cosy smelling - really inviting you into the room.

 What is your favourite fall drink?
I'm a big lover of Chai Tea Lattes this time of year. My trouble is I'm really only a hot chocolate drinker, with an occasional tea or two thrown in here or there. So Chai Tea Latte's are comforting and tasty for me. But any flavoured hot chocolate will make me really feel autumnal / wintry since that's when all the cafes seem to get them in. 

What TV show, new or old, are you most looking forward to this fall?
I did the unthinkable just last week and finally caved into the pressure, signing up for a Netflix subscription. Why is this so bad? Because I am a not-so-guilt binge watcher, and I will spend hours in front of the screen. And I have a dissertation to write. Netflix and Dissertation?... It hasn't quite got the same ring to it. But nonetheless, I plan on starting Orange Is The New Black, and will no doubt have it completed within the month. See some of my other favourite TV shows here!

What is your favourite fall fashion trend?
I'm not really a huge keep up to date with fashion kind of gal - I'm more of a wear what I feel cosy and comfortable in person. But I love woolly hats with the fluffy pom poms on them. They're super cute and perfect for the changing weather. 

What is your favourite frugal autumn activity?
Maybe you didn't catch one of my recent posts, where I wrote about all my favourite spots in Edinburgh to visit in the autumn. But I am a huge lover of just getting outside. The change in temperature, the orangey leaves that fall in your path each time the wind blows and the darkening nights, these are my favourite things to experience in autumn, so just going out on a walk is the best activity for me!

What is your favourite make up look come autumnal weather?
The dark lips. It's not a crowd pleaser, I'm well aware how Candace from the Great British Bake Off has caused many a house hold discussion about lip colours. But I love the darker shades, and own many deep purples and berry tones. If only I were confident enough to pull it off. 

These questions - and the Tag photo - are from Fee's blog Make Up Savvy. Check out her answers here, and while you're at it, have a wee nosey at all her posts too. 

Be sure to leave me links to your autumn tags, or answer some of the questions in the comments. 

And wee side note - I'm just about to hit 200 likes on my Facebook page, which I'm over the moon about! If you haven't already liked, then I'd really appreciate it if you did!

Love, 
Emily
xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments